Clarks have been selling shoes in India since 2011 and have set a vast footprint for their customers mostly through its retail stores. With more and more consumers transitioning to online shopping in India, Clarks were keen to engage with their customers on various online channels. This involved managing a transactional brand website for them and working with other ecommerce channels like Amazon, Flipkart and Myntra to improve reach and business.
Clarks posed the following questions at Eshopbox:
- How would a centralised inventory work across multiple marketplaces?
- How would you ensure channel-wise SLA-driven order processing?
- How would the returns management work in a profitable way?
- How would identification and reconciliation of payments work?
Hence, they were keen to move away from self-fulfilment and preferred outsourcing their ecommerce operations.
They were particularly impressed with Eshopbox for their understanding of the ecommerce ecosystem and realised that Eshopbox could help them meet their goal of providing their customers with a seamless shopping experience. In the words of Kunal, "The blend of technology and fulfilment at Eshopbox worked beautifully for us to deliver the consumer experience we wanted."
Eshopbox's customised solution consisted of the following features:
- Efficient use of its inventory across ecommerce channels in real-time avoiding segregation of inventory for each channel.
- Quick order processing within the prescribed SLAs for an elevated seller score on the marketplaces.
- Organized return management process to revive and re-stock customer returns with a quick turnaround time.
- Improved post-purchase experience with seamless order tracking and return management for website shoppers, in turn reducing customer support calls.
- End to end accountability while performing stock audits, channel-wise payment reconciliations and claims management to cover damages.
- Real-time channel integrations for efficient allocation of inventory and price management across platforms.
Eshopbox has been able to drive the ecommerce business significantly for Clarks while improving their customer satisfaction levels.
- They have benefited the most during flash sales where they could scale to 5X orders without any inconvenience.
- 40% reduction in their operating costs by using Eshopbox technology platform which has led to higher sell-through and reduced team costs.
- Eshopbox inventory insights helped them maintain optimum inventory levels.
- Amazon Prime enabled products allowed them to scale their business to 4X in a year with optimum inventory hold.
- Efficient return management process ensuring items are made available within 5 days of receiving.
- Access to historic data available on the Eshopbox workspace enabled them to understand their business metrics better and make informed decisions.
- The ecommerce vertical for Clarks today contributes to more than 30% of their overall business volumes and has set them up for long term success in the Indian market.
Eshopbox collaboration has been terrific for us and we treat them as partners in our success. They have seamless integration with all marketplaces. This helps us drive consistent sales. Their automation has helped us sell on various channels and fulfil orders timely leading to 110% YoY growth of our ecommerce business.