They operate 2 digitally native vertical brands (DNVBs) in India under the name of Plum and Phy. Digitally native vertical brands are brands born on the Internet. Pureplay has a maniacal focus on customer experience and unlike typical e-commerce brands, Pureplay controls their own distribution. By focusing on a singular product category and being obsessed with customer experience, Pureplay is able to capitalize on changes in the market quickly while delivering new products to the market in quick turnaround time.
With their product gaining more and more acceptance and increase in customer orders, they were keen on delivering a flawless post-purchase experience from their website. They were looking for a partner who understood the nuances of fulfilment in cosmetics and would help build efficiency in their operations to optimise costs.
Being a start-up organization, Pureplay was aiming to build efficiency in the following processes:
- Bundles and kitting: Picking and packing items after order placement in the fulfilment centre, i.e virtually enabled product kitting.
- Next day delivery: They were struggling to offer next day delivery and meet fundamental customer expectations
- Automated Order picking: Seamless flow of pick, pack and ship for maximum efficiency.
- Peak order volumes during events: Agile business processes to fulfil high volume orders during flash sales and promotional events.
- Customised packaging: Powerful packaging workflows along with marketing inserts such as samples, gift cards, coupons, pamphlets and more allow you to build a branded and personalized experience for your customers.
It preferred Eshopbox over other fulfilment partners as it found Eshopbox, the most suitable for adapting to its business needs and that too at a reasonable cost.
Eshopbox understood the pain of Pureplay which included handling peak event sales and on-time delivery of its orders to its customers. The team worked on a customised solution that enabled quick order processing while maintaining the branded delivery experience. This solution allowed Pureplay to avail the following benefits:
- Store products individually and build kits on the fly once orders are placed on the website.
- Tech-enabled solution to apply custom packaging rules for varied customer unboxing experience.
- Pay-as-you-go fulfilment fee based on its custom requirements which included a usage based storage and dispatch fee.
- Additional step to insert marketing collaterals within the shipment for showcasing the Pureplay product portfolio.
- Ease of operations during peak sale events when orders scale up to 5X of its daily BAU.
- Custom rules ensuring no expired items ship out from the warehouse to its customers.
Using Eshopbox fulfilment centres, Pureplay has reduced the overall delivery time by 40%, offering “2-day delivery” to majority of its customers across India while maintaining the consistent branded experience.
- Ease of operations during peak sale events to increase its sales.
- Seamless integration of its website with Eshopbox platform enabled it to sync inventory and orders accurately for smooth operations.
- Pureplay was able to deliver 99.63% of its orders ahead of time, winning trust of its customers.
- It was able to leverage fast, affordable fulfilment while showing off its brand.
- With its fulfilment operations on autopilot, it could better focus on product design and development.
- With Eshopbox “Pay-as-you-go” feature, it was able to significantly reduce its storage and order processing costs.
Eshopbox is systems-driven, responsive, and quick to implement changes to the system as well as physical processes based on evolving requirements. The team is quite responsive, and at the same time disciplined about systems & processes. For instance, packaging plays a very important role in our industry and they have implemented custom workflows to design great unboxing moments for our customers.