Amazon Prime was launched back in 2005 and it still continues to be a huge success. This subscription-based service offers a lot of benefits to members— free and fast shipping, access to Prime Videos, and early access to lightning deals.
Statically, 80% of Amazon Prime members have made Amazon their favourite place to shop.
The popularity of Amazon Prime is at its peak for shoppers as well as sellers of Amazon. According to Amazon itself, sellers with Prime Badge have up to 3X higher sales.
But Amazon doesn’t bestow the Prime badge to sellers easily. In fact, there’s a strict criteria that has to be met. Fortunately, you’ll get all your answers here.
In this blog, you will learn what is an Amazon Prime badge, what are the benefits of having an Amazon Prime badge on product listings, how to get the Amazon Prime badge on your product listings in India and how Eshopbox enables ecommerce brands to get Amazon Prime badge.
The Amazon Prime badge is a badge that appears on product listings on Amazon that are eligible for Amazon Prime benefits. The badge serves as an indicator to customers that the product is eligible for fast and free shipping, which can be a significant factor in their purchase decision.
For online sellers, having the Amazon Prime badge on their product listings can significantly increase visibility and Amazon sales. Let’s see why Amazon Prime badge matters to Amazon sellers.
Nine out of ten customers get Amazon Prime subscription because of its free shipping facility.
There are several benefits of having the Amazon Prime badge on products listed on the Amazon platform:
1. Increased visibility: Products with the Prime badge are more visible on the Amazon as they are prominently displayed higher in search results. This increased visibility can lead to higher sales and more exposure for your brand.
2. Increased sales: Customers are more likely to buy products with the Prime badge as it indicates that they will receive fast and free shipping, which can increase their satisfaction and loyalty. This can lead to more sales for your products and ultimately, increased revenue for your business.
3. Improved customer trust: The Prime badge is a symbol of trust for customers as it indicates that Amazon has vetted the seller and their products and that they meet the strict delivery standards required for the Prime program. This can lead to increased customer trust and loyalty for your brand.
4. Access to Prime members: Products with the Prime badge are eligible for Prime members' benefits, which is a significant portion of Amazon's customer base. This can increase your potential customer base and lead to more sales for your products.
5. Competitive advantage: Having the Prime badge on your products can give you a competitive advantage over other sellers who do not offer the same level of delivery speed and convenience. This can help you stand out in a crowded marketplace and increase your sales and revenue.
6. Early access during sales: Any sale period like Great Indian Sale, or other festive sales, Amazon gives early access to the Prime members. As a Prime seller, you may get a one day or a few hours head start for such events. This means that you can approach the customers before other sellers.
7. Opportunity in Prime Day: Adding some more advantages to the Prime sellers, Amazon launched Prime Day. It has been a huge hit and includes great deals and product launches. Being a part of such a massive event is profitable for you as it helps in gaining access to more customers and deals.
To sell products on Amazon.in, you need to first register as a seller on the platform. You can do this by visiting the Amazon Seller Central website and following the registration process. As part of the registration process, you will need to provide information about your business, such as your business name, address, and tax information.
Once you have registered as a seller on Amazon.in, you need to enroll in the Amazon Prime program. To do this, go to the “Programs and Features” tab in your Amazon Seller Central account and click on “Amazon Prime.” You will then need to review the terms and conditions of the program and accept them to enroll.
To be eligible for the Amazon Prime badge, you need to fulfill certain criteria:
To increase your chances of getting the Amazon Prime badge, you need to optimise your Amazon product listings. This means that you need to provide accurate and detailed information about your products, including high-quality images, product descriptions, and specifications. You also need to ensure that your prices are competitive and that your products are in stock and available for immediate shipping.
Once you have enrolled in the Amazon Prime program and optimised your product listings, you need to monitor your performance metrics to ensure that you are meeting the eligibility criteria. Amazon provides sellers with a variety of tools and reports to help them track their performance, including the Seller Central dashboard, the Performance Over Time report, and the Customer Metrics report.
If you are facing any issues or have questions about the Amazon Prime program, you can contact Amazon Seller Support for assistance. They can provide you with guidance on how to improve your performance metrics, optimise your product listings, and troubleshoot any technical issues you may be experiencing
Usually, FBA products have Prime badging but FBA has several drawbacks, including high storage and fulfilment fees, complex fee structure, lack of inventory control and more. It means that FBA adds complexity to pricing and minimises your profits significantly. Fortunately, Eshopbox is fully optimised for Prime. Let’s see how:
Moreover, you get more control and flexibility than FBA. Let’s see how:
“Working with Eshopbox allowed us to get the Amazon Prime badge on all our product listings, this helped us boost product visibility and sales on Amazon. We also have the flexibility to sell on other marketplaces without exclusively committing inventory to Amazon warehouses.”
-Rishubh Satiya, Cofounder Plixlife
Getting the Amazon Prime badge on your product listings in India can be a valuable way to increase your visibility and sales on Amazon. By following the steps outlined in this blogs, you can enroll in the Amazon Prime program, meet the eligibility criteria. On the bright side, you cam just partner up with Eshopbox can get Amazon Prime on all your product listings.